‘Chicken’ stir fry
The really interesting thing about this is that it uses two marinades to add complexity to the flavour of the tofu.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 200 g Tofu
- Chicken marinade
- Asian marinade
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 100 g fine beans
- 125 g wholewheat noodles
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 100 g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Press the tofu. Try to get it as dry as possible. Keep the pressure on and tighten the screw every few minutes, and in 20-25 minutes the tofu should be about right.
- Chop into 20mm cubes and drop it in the chicken marinade. It should soak the whole lot up in a minute or so!
- Now drop it into the Asian marinade and set aside. Meanwhile, cook the noodles and set these aside.
- Prepare the other ingredients and heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok or deep frying pan to a high temperature. Cook the onion and the mushrooms for a couple of minutes, then add the tofu, the pepper and the beans.
- Finally add the cooked noodles, stirring as you go. Dash in some soy sauce to taste, and after 3-4 minutes remove from the heat and serve immediately.