An Asian classic, and so easy to prepare!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 32 mins
- 400 g extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 250 g noodles (we used wholewheat)
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 400 g bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 50 g peanuts, roughly chopped
- Give your tofu 20 minutes in That Tofu Thing to firm up the texture. Chop into half-inch cubes and toss in cornflour. Set aside whilst you cook the noodles according to packet directions. Once these are done, rinse in cold water to stop them cooking further, and drain.
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, chilli sauce, lime juice and garlic in a small bowl or ramekin
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan or wok until medium hot. Add the pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove, and replace with tofu. Cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Now add the noodles and sauce, mixing thoroughly. Throw the pepper back in, with the bean sprouts and spring onions. Cook for another couple of minutes, then serve immediately. Top with chopped peanuts.